Prior To Treatment
PLEASE READ FULLY BEFORE APPOINTMENT
- Horses should be fed at least 2 hours prior to the appointment (forage/chaff is fine).
- Horses must be clean to use any hydrotherapy equipment to maintain water hygiene, any horse that requires cleaning will affect their session length.
- Prior to arrival feet MUST be picked out and scrubbed clean and legs washed.
- Horses using the equine water treadmill should not be freshly shod, have studs or road nails in their shoes.
- All persons entering the therapy centre will be required to wear non slip footwear.
- Please clean up after your horse on site.
- If your horse is usually unsure in new surroundings and experiences it may be beneficial for them to receive some sedation during the first few treatments, please feel free to ask for more information or speak to your vet.
- We use bridles for hydrotherapy treatment, please feel free to bring and use your own. If your horse is not respecting the bridle, for health and safety reasons a chifney bridle may be used where appropriately (please note all staff are trained to use a chifney).
- Copies of passports and evidence of up to date vaccinations are required for bio-security reasons, please provide us with copies before your first visit.
- Any horse presenting with abnormal signs of possible illness e.g. raised temperature, abnormal nasal discharge, inflamed glands etc. will be sent away for bio-security reasons. Please contact us if you are unsure for us to advise.
- Please do not wander around the farm, please stay in the car park or within the centre for bio-security reasons.
- Staff are authorized to terminate/end any treatment should the horse be deemed as a health and safety risk.
- Please allow 45 minutes for the 1st session, all other treatments will last approximately 30 minutes. Please be aware if you are late it may lead to a reduced treatment time, or no treatment depending on timings. Full payment will be applicable.
- We require 48 hours notice for cancellations; otherwise the normal full session fee will be applicable unless there are extenuating circumstances, which will be decided by the centre manager.